University of Worcester
Jack Lewandowski, Graham West, Kevin Widger
Proposals for the adaption of an existing Grade II listed industrial building into higher education use. A series of objects are positioned in the space that respond to the established structural grid.
- Gateways & identifiers to individual zones
- Separation to quiet study areas
- Projection surfaces
- Pin-up & exhibition surfaces
- Storage for chairs & movable partitions
- Platforms for air-handling & piped services
They can be read as either follies in a landscape or cabinets in a large room.
Fixed partitions are inserted in strategic places to reinforce the zones established by the follies. Quiet spaces are located within the shadow of the follies and other fixed structures such as office walls.